Family Loan & Savings Scheme is now open to everyone.
We are in the process of amending our application form at the moment, but applications from everyone are now accepted, in the meantime; please use the original form below to apply & advise us of how you will be making your repayments.
Our Family Loan Scheme lets you borrow for family expenses and allows you to use your Child Benefit for the loan repayments, however other repayment methods are accepted.
- Complete the quick online loan application.
- We assess affordability with no credit check.
- One Months Bank Statement must be provided.
- Family Loan decisions within 2 working days.
- Opportunity to build savings.
Our Family Loan Scheme lets you borrow for family expenses and allows you to use your Child Benefit for the loan repayments.
We can only accept applications for the Family Loan & Saving Scheme from people who live or
work in the Boroughs of Calderdale or Kirklees
How much can I borrow?
Initially up to £500 + Savings
Save as you borrow
With our Family Loan Scheme, you can save at the same time as repaying your loan.
What do I need to do? Read the points below, then Apply
- You must be aged 18 years old or over.
- If you are going to be using your Child Benefit for the loan repayments, you must agree to have this benefit paid into your account with Calderdale Credit Union and have proof that the Child Benefit is paid to you.
- If not, you must advise us of how your repayments will be made to your loan.
- There is no need to be an existing member, but you will have to join and save with us if you want to take part in the scheme.
- Repayments tailored to suit you. Simply choose how much you want to put in your savings account each week.
What other benefits does the £500 Family Loan Scheme have?
- After 3 months (12 weekly repayments) you can apply for a top up loan up to £750
- Then a further top up to the maximum balance of £900 after a further 12 weekly repayments.
- Gives a positive boost to your credit rating when you keep to your agreed repayment schedule.
- No setup fees or early settlement penalties.
- Our saving accounts are fully covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (up to £85,000).
To apply for a Family loan: click on the loans tab and use the apply online button – you will be asked if you are applying for a Family loan – click Yes, then in the reason for loan drop down box select Family loan and continue through the process.